Saturday, March 29, 2008

Not Quite Good Enough.

Ahh, I'm at a loss for how to explain my current posting frenzy. Sufice it to say; I didn't decide to post these last few images until I'd already finished the last post! I can't believe how easy and quickly I can create images to post on here with Lightroom!

Alright. I promise I will stop kissing Adobe's ass right after this post. But, until then, let me lay it on thick! This program is amazing. I think Apple's aperture is pretty similar, in case your an anti-Adobe freak. The thing that impresses me the most isn't the fact that Adobe came out with Lightroom, it's the idea that this is pretty much the standard now for image editing. From now on, things can only get better! I'm really digging the time I'm livinging in right now.

I have to admit, this is sort of new ground for me. Usually, I look at the world with biting sarcasm, but lately I've been trying to be a little more open minded about things. I've had a few good friends point out that, despite the fact that I'm actually pretty optimistic about the world of professional image-making, my sarcastic cynicism is not always received as a humorous musing like I intend it. So, I'm trying to be a little more "honest" in my postings about the current state of photography as a business. I don't want to get too deep into philosophical discussion right now, but rest assured, I've got more posts on this subject coming soon.

Until then, here are a few of the images I was considering as a header for this blog. I ultimately chose the image that's up there now, because it just jumped out at me while I was picking them. I really liked a few of these though, so I've decided to post them for your amusement. As always, any thoughts or opinions regarding which alternate I should have chosen are very welcome.






Yes, I did consider putting a self-portrait as the main banner for my blog. Then I realized how insanely self-centered that made me look. Hence, it didn't make it into the finals. Still, I actually like this shot of myself... which is a rarity in-and-of-itself.

No comments: